Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Stealing base suggestion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a suggestion that would make the game more realistic & shouldn't be very difficult to fix. There is an unwritten rule in baseball that you never make the 1st or last out at 3rd or home. For the most y'all have a good handle on that. However, in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs, the tying or winning run should not even have the option of trying to steal 3rd. No matter how fast he may be, no coach would ever have someone try and steal 3rd. If the runner is super fast he might try to steal 2nd, but never 3rd.

Updated Wednesday, October 5 2016 @ 12:42:10 pm PDT

Updated Wednesday, October 5 2016 @ 12:43:22 pm PDT
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This has been covered before, I have found that any runner who is set to ++ on steals is prone to that no-no.

I also have found that by dialing them back to + eliminates that most embarrassing situation and my runners success rates were improved.

Cheers
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Stealing is one of the in game things that drives me nuts here. As mentioned above, it has been talked about many times.

I completely agree with you about stealing third. The thing is the fix is super easy. Have settings for each runner for stealing second and third separately. Stealing third is generally a bad idea because, as you stated, the only time it normally should even be considered is with one out. Even then I would rarely do it unless the guy is blazing fast.

By the way, I have a guy I set to average with stealing (no pluses or minuses) and he still goes for third routinely. He's the textbook example of why there should be separate settings. He doesn't attempt second enough, while goes for third far too much. Of course I feel that's the case with almost every player, though.
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have been burnt several times this season already on 9th inning plays that have cost me the game. Stealing 3rd, tagging up with 2 outs, etc... I even had a grounder hit to my pitcher with 1 out in the bottom of 9th & a runner on 3rd in a tie game. The ball was hit to my pitcher and he threw the guy out at 1st allowing the winning run to score without even trying to throw him out. I guess I'm noticing these things more this year because I'm actually winning. Last season I was not in many 9th inning close games.

I don't mean to be a complainer, it has to be hard to figure a matrix/algorithm for ever situation. Maybe a separate set of 9th & extra innings rules might help.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I will look into this.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The other one that really gets me is a guy stealing second with a runner already on third to kill an inning.
I understand these things are difficult. You can never please everyone.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Top 1st: Tempe
Lowry takes the mound to pitch.
Mills grounds to second base. Mills is thrown out at first by Velazquez.
Michael grounds to second base. Michael is thrown out at first by Velazquez.
Montes hits a ground ball single through to center field.
Montes steals second base.
Carrasco hits a ground ball single through to center field. Montes comes in to score.
Rocha hits a ground ball single to third base. Carrasco advances to second base.
Alaniz hits a single to right field. Carrasco comes in to score. Rocha advances to third base.
Alaniz steals second base.
Barker hits a double to left field. Rocha comes in to score. Alaniz comes in to score.
Guerra comes in to pitch.
Bradshaw strikes out.
Tempe 4, Oceanview Woods 0

I'm fine with steals the way there are personally. If you are going to put a 9 Arm Catcher behind the plate, I want my guys steal bases every chance they get.

Previous Page | Show All |