Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Run Differential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just lost a game in the bottom of the 11th. Now where this is a walk-off, I should have lost 11-10, but it turned out to be a 3-run double where I lost 13-10. Not that it's a big deal, but I think this should be addressed in order to have more accurate statistics. When a walk-off occurs the game is over after one run. The whole play is not played through, per say.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty sure Steve is aware but believe he said something like it's not high on my list but know it needs corrected.
Sure it affects stats I don't think I have seen one myself for a few seasons so I believe in the actual impact is very minimal
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's on the list of things to do, but it requires a change in the structure of the game engine which isn't straight forward.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the only important impact this would have is if the run differential tiebreaker had to be used at the end of the season. Then it could have major implications, but considering the rarity of those games and how large the differential usually is when it is used, I doubt it has ever changed who promoted or relegated.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If this was a big operation, I would say fix it. Since this is a one-man show, I think Steve's time is better spent on things that actually make a difference in game play.
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info. I guess I was mostly referring to the slight chance of affecting the RD tiebreaker. But I do agree, it's not at the top of the list.

Previous Page | Show All |