Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> pinch hit/sub for defense   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wish we had better control over who can sub at which position, or maybe just a better algorithm for the manager to decide (or maybe I need a better understanding of the current algorithm)
It makes me sad to see my back up 3B (no of)with a range of 8 subbing in the outfield, when literally anyone else on my bench would be better there.
I feel like it just picks the guy with the highest SI on the bench to pinch hit over a lower SI player regardless of position, experience, hitting or power numbers, or fielding/range to match the position.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 Its very frustrating when I have young players who need at bats and are set as back up for a position not coming on as sub and the AI picking someone unsuitable.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Especially defensive replacements.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
First time I'm complaining about this game

A few minutes ago Laredo lost a game against Forth Worth
http://brokenbat.org/game/2295168

Head to head for 1st place in 2.II
Half a game back with 30 to play
Decisive game as it can be

Well, Laredo down by one in the top of the 9th ties, and goes ahead, thanks to Pinch Runners SBs
All good?
No, because the Pinch Runners will play the field in the bottom inning!
A CF playing 1B, and a LF will be the Catcher!

Fort Worth will steal bases at will to tie the game in the 9th, and again in the 10th!!!

Only when his turn at bat those two Pinch Runners will be subbed.
As it happens, the new Catcher will get on base, be pinch run for by a LHH 1B who will catch in the 12th.

Game lost...

This's utterly unrealistic: never ever a LF will play Catcher (while C are available on the bench, obviously)

Solution: the same algorithm used to choose Pinch Hitters only among players qualified for the same position should be used for Defensive Replacements
Each and every Pinch Runner should be subject to Defensive Substitution

PS: I forgot to mention:
1 Passed Ball
1 Wild Pitch
1 Bunt for a single
along with the 3 SBs over 3 innings of incompetent Catching

Updated Saturday, February 4 2017 @ 3:35:50 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It took you long enough. ;)

There are many problems with substitutions. One of them regarding defense is that we select whether or not we want a player to be replaced for defensive purposes. That's fine for players who are at their primary position, but catastrophic in scenarios like mentioned above.

Updated Saturday, February 4 2017 @ 10:04:13 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |