Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Learning a position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So u know when in minors u can set them to change position

So let's say u have a 23 year old in majors who's a stud but u want to have him learn a new position, first we would implement a way for u to tell player to learn new position when ur in his player card

Next when u edit lineups and the positions he plays comes up, instead of just the learning position not being there, it is there now but in red, it would remind us that we want him to learn this position

Updated Thursday, February 23 2017 @ 8:28:09 pm PST
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a way, playing that player in the position we want him to learn, he will be bad in the first season, but from that on he will be better. When he is half learned the position a lowercase letter appears with the position name, let's say you are turning a LF with 19 arm but not range to C, he will be listed as a OF, and somewhere after a season and a season and a half he will have a "c", then some two or three seasons he will have a capital "C", telling he learned the position, he will still be listed as OF.

If the player is 23ys, he would be ready by 25 or 26, still plenty time in his career to be an impact player, if he has the skills.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not asking for help I'm saying that if they put position in red there it would. Be easier
Jren7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kra what he's saying is that when a player is set to learn a new position, in the lineup of like spring traing, that position which shows positions he can play, the position in red is the one he is learning currently
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I think this is another pointless code. Individual owners should just keep track of these things themselves, as is the case now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think part of the difficulty would be in figuring out what "learning" means. I'm pretty sure all players have some level of experience in all positions. If I set a guy to learn 2B, then set him to learn SS, is he learning those positions? What about 3B, which I never set, but he actually has more experience in.

Its a nice idea, but I suspect there are some implementation obstacles that will make it difficult to implement without adding more fields to the DB.

Previous Page | Show All |