Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Cup lineups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally would be all for this, but again it comes down to how you view the cup. I, being an extremely competitive individual, take the cup just as seriously as the regular season. However, in my opinion, if certain people don't care about cup play, I don't see why having a cup lineup would be so bad. If they want to play their scrubs, fine. They don't deserve to win the cup or go anywhere in that tournament and earn the extra income/training players receive as you progress through the tournament. Let the players who DO take it seriously have a better chance of knocking off those people looking for a teeny tiny, ity bitty development advantage by playing Rookie ball players.

You're not going to be able to stop them from doing so anyway.

Updated Monday, March 13 2017 @ 9:46:06 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Rookie ball? I think most of us are referring to our 24-26 year old guys in the majors when we say rookies. The guys you don't dare play in league games because they aren't good yet, but you also have to get them ABs or they won't develop. Cup ABs are gold for developing your major leaguers.

You gain a lot more experience playing 24-26 year olds in 6 series, then you do playing 30-32 year olds in 8 series. So its really a money/prestige vs experience tradeoff.

Updated Tuesday, March 14 2017 @ 3:32:11 pm PDT
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The reason I want this is cause I would hope this does not make their salary go up to .5 mil cause when u play all minors it just jacks up ur pay roll
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In all fairness Rock, I actually do play rookies right off the bat, just see Murillo and Quintanilla last season, they were terrible. Early 2031 is making it look like one of my best moves since I started playing, let's see how that pans out...
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow unexpected, to jump like that especially at 27 years old, almost all of us woul have cut those guys
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not unexpected, I didn't promote them until 27 because of how slow they developed. The jump in skills was expected, the unexpected part to me has been how much better they have played despite still having rather low skills for the league that I am in.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Neither of those guys were in rookie ball. Those are exactly the type of players I was talking about.

Now if they were still in rookie ball at 27 I probably would have cut them, LOL.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except what I was saying was that they each got 20+ league starts. I threw them straight into the fire.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sure I do that with a lot of my rookies as well. Doesn't mean they don't play in the cup games as well. Also, some of the tenuous guys are relegated to only cup games for me. A lot of those guys get cut after a season or two anyhow.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wait let's say I promote someone from AAA for the Cup, after the cup and I send him down will he lose the training

Previous Page | Show All |