Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Free Agent search   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I see your point and agree that it could make it too easy for the more casual player. The POT filter does that to a degree, as well. How about this? Right now, when we place a waiver claim, the button to the right says waiver claim placed or something like that. What if there was an option to mark a player as "pass" or "decline" or something that would designate that player as one we choose to filter out? That would still require the work to be done on the research side but then can be filtered out of future searches to prevent duplication? Ultimately I'd just like to see only those that I haven't already looked at or already decided to pass on.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
-1 to Yankees idea

+1 to original idea
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

I'd like to see it for all players. It would reduce time looking at the same guys over and over again on waivers if you could just look at the guys most recently dropped.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This already exists... well kind of.

If you set the "Sort Order" to waiver date it sorts by the date released. This is fine as it shows your newly released at the top of the list. Here's where the "kind of" comes into play. After sorting for newly released, for some reason it then sorts this group of newly released by Salary, listing the highest salary first and descending, before displaying the actual group by waiver date. So what you end up with is the highest salary player recently released on top. Lose that salary sort and your home free.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is different for two reasons.

(1) Waiver dates are not consistent. A guy dropped today could be waived 2-4 days from now.

(2) If you sort by waiver date, you lose the ability to sort on other skills. You have a large (unfiltered list), and sorting on any column with break the sort order.

Updated Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 5:54:09 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like Yankee's amended idea a bit better. How about a check box next to the waiver button. You can choose to check the box if you've looked at a player and don't want to see him again in any search. Puts the option in the player's hands. Some guys I don't mind seeing again if they're on the borderline. Some guys are obviously not worth a claim and get annoying if they have a long waiver delay and you see them over and over for days at a stretch.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 The problem with the idea for a pass/decline tickbox on each player is that it could eat up a lot of real estate in the database; it would have to keep track of every team — or every user, more accurately — for every player. Even only adding it to players when they get a pass/decline is going to add a lot of data to continue keeping track of over time. Going by date alone at least only has the advantage of only needing to access an existing field in the database: The player’s most recent release date.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well sure, if you want to concern yourself with real world consequences :P

Maybe the original idea with an ability to turn it on and off in your profile settings? Have it default to the current usage.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd prefer it was just a filter in the search criteria. Even if it was just chunked by day (that would just be a few options in a drop down).

EDIT: I also don't buy into the "too easy for casual players" argument mentioned above. Since when are we trying to make the game harder for casual players? They are already at a huge disadvantage. They have as much right to waivers as anyone else.

Updated Monday, March 27 2017 @ 5:27:14 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Even an option to narrow the search to the players that will come off waivers during the next waiver event would work for me.

Being limited to a list of the ones set to come off waivers in the next 24 hours would really let you drill down on that group instead of the overwhelming group you have to sort through now. Many of which you've looked at a few times already. You can always repeat the process with a new limited group the next day without fear of having missed anyone.

Previous Page | Show All |