Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Awards Frontrunners   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it.

Moreso for the rookie awards. The others you can get a good feel for by looking at the leaderboards (tho the in-progress would still be cool). Can be a lot of legwork figuring out what is going on in the rookie races.

An alternative might be to add a few rookie leaderboards to the page. Not the full gamut - maybe just average and ERA.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would enjoy some rookie leaderboards as well, I tend to go around to the different teams in my league to find out who the rookies are, but It would be great just to see a few stats for rookies on the league leaders pages.

maybe for batters
Ave, HR, Steals

and for pitchers
ERA, Wins, Ks
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
An alternative to adding separate rookie boards might be to distinguish rookies when they make it onto the existing boards. Different font colour or an (R) or something.

Still like the original idea. Sorry for rider.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Would this be static or dynamic? Is it just one snapshot at the all-star break or ongoing?

Thanks,

Steve
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would just say at the all star break to keep it simple or if u wanted to then maybe update it once every week. (real time)
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I think just a snapshot around the all-star break would be good. Gives everyone an idea of who the top people are, but still leaves enough time in between for the actual awards to be a surprise.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
For ease of implementation, as well as g10rsh's point about leaving some second half mystery, I'd still be for a snapshot at the All-Star break instead of some dynamic leaderboard, Steve. If you ever decided to add some sort of in-game media features (something like the PSPN magazine in PureSim for example) then a weekly discussion of frontrunners might be more fitting.

An alternative to adding separate rookie boards might be to distinguish rookies when they make it onto the existing boards. Different font colour or an (R) or something.

Although I can't get behind the bizarre spelling of color here :P I think this is a great idea. Seems like this would be a nice feature that would make something you have to hunt for now, available at a glance. Anything stopping both of these ideas being implemented?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't get behind the bizarre spelling of color

Haha! You and spellchecker both. :) It is a losing battle.

I would agree with the others. Static preferred over dynamic to provide some suspense at the end of the season.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I live closer to Canada than any other U.S. state, so I have to poke my friends across the lake whenever the opportunity presents itself :)
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I have using colour for years now. So much I must stop and look close when I see color. I picked it up one year while I was visiting Portsmith England when the John F. Kennedy sailed into port.

Previous Page | Show All |