Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Team Picture   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess that's one difference between us. I play BB for the baseball simulation. You play it to look at the little cartoon characters.

Creating a once-a-year lineup press release would take about five minutes a season. If you can't spare that for something you're apparently interested in, that doesn't say much for your idea.

Updated Saturday, April 29 2017 @ 3:31:43 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I imagine it's one of many, Mike.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Apparently this a controversial idea. But I like it. It's not necessary but fun. So if it can be done, great. If it takes up too much space or time, no biggie.

If it could be done, I'd suggest using the minimum player requirements for the big club, which is 9 pitchers, 13 hitters. No more than that, less if necessary.

Do it at the all-star break or seasons end. Top 13 position players with most games or plate appearances. Easy. Pitchers less obvious as games and innings pitched vary based on roles. How about top 4 or 5 in games started, leader in saves, and fill remainder with either most games or IP.

Add trophy icons for pennant or cup in upper corners. Across the bottom have team logo, team name, division.
Ex. Logo - Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers - III.4

I'm sure it won't happen but that's how I'd like to see it if it does.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mike, you are correct, this doesn't directly affect the game, but it's changes like these that give the game heart. I think it's a very cool idea, and I would love to see my original 2021 team picture.

If you wanna take out nicknames, and custom logos, and individual records, and league records, and the forum, and press releases, and hall of fame, and team history, and prior league results, and team mascots because are they don't have a direct impact on the game, fine. But realize some people like to play a game with some humanity and not just staring at numbers the whole time.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure you guys read. I said it's a fantastic idea in principle. The problem is there are dozens of things that could be improved in regards to baseball and game play. In my opinion, those should be addressed before window dressing.

Edit--

If you wanna take out nicknames, and custom logos, and individual records, and league records...realize some people like to play a game with some humanity and not just staring at numbers the whole time.

One thing that has always been uniquely baseball is numbers. For whatever reason, baseball is the sport where numbers live famously; that's not the case for other sports. What was the record for homers in a season before steroids ruined it? What was Babe Ruth's career homer total? How many consecutive games did Joe DiMaggio get a hit for the record? How many hits did Ty Cobb or Pete Rose have? What's the season high strikeouts recorded by a pitcher in a season? Many non-baseball people can answer those. What's the most points scored in an NBA career? What's the most yards rushing for a career in the NFL? Almost no one can answer those. Heck, most can't even answer who did them.
Numbers are baseball.

Updated Sunday, April 30 2017 @ 2:07:27 pm PDT
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would like this idea more if there waa more variety to what the players look like. All we got is Casey with slight changes.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Which lineup?

Shouldn't be either lineup IMO. Rather all the guys on the opening day roster.

Updated Sunday, April 30 2017 @ 6:22:08 pm PDT
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Shouldn't be either lineup IMO. Rather all the guys on the opening day roster.

Agreed. All you need are templates with anywhere from 21-30 people and the CPU could select which template based on how many players were on the opening day roster.

What would be really cool is if the CPU would put the tallest players on the team in the back automatically, and the shorter ones in the front, but if that's not included that's ok.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea of going with the full opening day roster instead of just 13 guys.

What would be really cool is if the CPU would put the tallest players on the team in the back automatically, and the shorter ones in the front, but if that's not included that's ok.

That would be slick.

Updated Monday, May 1 2017 @ 7:53:44 am PDT
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I keep liking this more and more. It'd also be nice to be able to add a few notes of your own. Similar to the HOF notes.

Previous Page | Show All |