Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Random Idea: Spring Training rivalries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see how anyone could or should play their A lineups during spring training.

What about a matchup during league championship week?

Updated Sunday, May 21 2017 @ 4:49:14 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like that idea much more. As you said, no one should play their real starting lineup in the spring, so playing then would defeat the purpose. I don't know if players gain experience for playoff games or not, but none should be earned during the hypothetical friendlies. That being the case, it might as well be a best of seven series.

As all suggestions go, though, even very good ones, I don't think it's good use of Steve's time until things that affect actual game play are updated. Sorry for the constant deja vu of that comment; I just think there are too many significant issues that could be addressed.

Updated Sunday, May 21 2017 @ 5:06:20 pm PDT
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't seen those issues come to resolution. All i've seen is additions to the world classic, which is simply too boring.

I don't really mind where it is. My lineup creeps closer to the a team the closer i get to the regular season usually. this season was a test run of something different. I don't see the benefit of the Friday/Saturday/Sunday sets of games to minor leaguers.

Updated Sunday, May 21 2017 @ 5:27:33 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Actually, an idea that got floated over on Discord not long after the original post was to have an optional exhibition series on Mondays available for teams that have been eliminated from Cup play to make them feel a bit less meaningless. Challenge a player, throw your teams against each other, and may the better team win.

My own input on that suggestion:

One way to make the games fair would have them not offer experience to the players involved, not observe or cause injuries or fatigue, and not impact fan mood, team rank, or ticket sales — it would prevent players from saying that there’s an advantage to playing (or not playing) the exhibition games due to any of the aforementioned mechanics. The games would be only be for bragging rights over whoever you were playing and to get more engagement from the player base.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh boy!!! This is a tremendous idea. Here's my thoughts on it:

If you want to include everyone, have a one game week (two days real-time) after the league championship series where players could schedule their own games with opponents of their choice. (This would allow teams who played in the LCS to have an opportunity to play too.) Scheduling would consist of a challenge from one team and either an accept or a decline from the challenged team. If they accept, then the game is scheduled, otherwise it is not. Also, when you challenge opposing teams, you cannot challenge them on a day they have already scheduled a game.

Challenges may be accepted up until game time. As you can see, there are a lot of things teams could do with this. Want to play your league mates from the past season one last time before going your seperate ways? Schedule an 8 team round robin. Are you arguing with a group of teams that your team is superior to their four? Schedule a five team round robin tournament with a single elimination tournament at the end of the week. Do you have a bitter rivalry with someone? Schedule a seven game series to determine who is better on the field. Want to see how your team stacks up with the best? Challenge a few legends teams! There are endless options.

This would fix one of the, well, not problems, but annoyances of this game. I have a few friends who play this game as well, but I cannot play against them unless I luck out and pull them in my cup group. It would be cool to have the opportunity to play against them.

One last thing, these seven games would have NO TRAINING BENEFITS, and no injuries. There would be no pitching fatigue either, but the pitching rotation should still be cycled through so you don't pitch your ace every single game. (If people want to log-on every single hour so their ace can pitch in every game, fine. The vast majority of people will not do that.)

Finally, I understand this would be quite a task to put something like this together, but this would be really cool and something most people would really enjoy in the offseason.

Updated Tuesday, May 23 2017 @ 3:12:54 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Simple is almost always the best policy. One opponent is sufficient. The bigger thing I have against Slug's suggestion is that the games would happen after the playoffs. That's not good at all because it extends the off-season. I'd be 100% against that.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of like Slug's idea, but Mike's got a point. Why not run the games during the LCS?

Updated Tuesday, May 23 2017 @ 6:20:33 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's the best part about doing it during LCS week.

You could have injuries and whatever Steve wanted to include because it would have NO effect on your season etc. All injuries would be healed by next season. And THIS would allow Steve to not change up the simulation but rather just how it gets implemented. Division winners couldn't play but too bad, they are busy playing meaningful games so again, too bad. It would shorten up the downtime for the rest of us.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
To bring up an old idea,

Why not allow users who've been eliminated from the cup(starting after the group stage) to schedule friendlies on Mondays and fridays throughout the season.
Valmion

Port Arthur Pirates
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I actually like the off Friday's and Monday's after cup elimination, as my pitchers get rest and it's easier to make changes to the rotation.

Previous Page | Show All |