Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> New Manager Search - Same as the Old (No Good)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Waivers is a good idea.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Two more simple solutions for quality of life:

1) Delete managers that haven't been used in two seasons during the offseason.

2) improve the minimum requirement for a new manager to spawn (meaning fewer that just hit two year deletion because they're so bad actually make it to creation in the first place, at the cost of maybe only bringing in 25 managers a season rather than 50).

As long as there are 100 managers in FA, managers can find roughly something usable out of what is left, we don't need 1000+ to sort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMO making managers more of a user-based system might be more fun. Allow us to take guys at somewhat random starting points and allow us to put in points as they gain experience. That's a huge rewrite to something that doesn't have much impact now, but it would be more relevant should managers see increased usefulness like they have most recently in improving development.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm still of the mind to break the coaching functions out and let players assign them instead. Each team would get like 2 so you could focus on what you thought your team needed.

Bench Coach - Improve defense
Bullpen Coach - Improve pitching during game
3rd Base Coach - Improve offense during game

Minor League Coach - Improve player development
Scouting Coach - Improve accuracy of drafted players

Barring that, I would definitely agree that if a manager isn't picked up by a team within 2 years or something like that, he should be just dropped from the list completely. It's very cluttered.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like all of those ideas.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One of the regulars (Rock?)suggested in a post a while back to have Managers have 0 sum attributes that we can adjust. I like that idea.
I picture it this way. Still have the list of old/fired managers you can choose from, OR select Create New Manager each skill starts at a certain number, say 12, and you can increase any skill as long as you decrease another so total SI remains the same. Once created Manager is locked and a new manager would need to be created.

This could also be blended with the current player formula, where the managers would add points based on experience (the added points would be randomly assigned but at least we control how a manager starts)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I suggested that one a while back. I like that idea too ;)
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

I love the idea of having a set nimber of points and creating our own managers. If we could also name them then we could use our retired players names.

Otherwise...waivers. I vote for anything but the current system.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To add to Fury's part 2... it's really silly to see managers sitting around that say "He is poor at managing hitters. He is poor at coaching defense. He is a poor teacher of the game. He is a poor pitching teacher."

What's the point of 4 negatives and no positives? Literally no one would ever sign that guy. He wouldn't even TRY to be a majors manager. Maybe a little league coach or something but not pro baseball.

Updated Saturday, June 3 2017 @ 12:49:44 am PDT
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I vote for anything besides what is being implemented now for a new manager search. I'm convinced my brutal offense is linked to me not being able to upgrade my manager.

I don't have the time or desire to check daily for newly generated managers to see if can find anybody better. With no way of properly doing a search to eliminate unwanted new managers I'm stuck going down the list just to see the good ones have either been picked over or were never there at all.

I like occams ideas. Although any of th
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I vote for anything besides what is being implemented now for a new manager search. I'm convinced my brutal offense is linked to me not being able to upgrade my manager.

I don't have the time or desire to check daily for newly generated managers to see if can find anybody better. With no way of properly doing a search to eliminate unwanted new managers I'm stuck going down the list just to see the good ones have either been picked over or were never there at all.

I like occams ideas. Although any of the other ideas would work much better than what we have.

Updated Saturday, June 3 2017 @ 6:06:17 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |