Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Develop players faster from minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MickyMinn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just looking at MLB, there are dozens of players in the majors under the age of 24. There should be the possibility of players getting to the majors by the age of 21, for sure 22.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It happens, it's just not too common. I'd even say the promotion system is quite realistic. I have at least 2 players on the roster that made the bigs at 21, and also at least 2 at 22. Too lazy to check the whole team ;)
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
I'd also like to see skill regression start around age 33 on average instead of 29/30 and change retirement to age 38 or two game years in free agency.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is one of those instances where I think it's better to not mirror reality. Adding time to BB players major league careers would hurt the game. The shorter time span forces teams to keep churning out players instead of relying on them for 15+ years. It makes for a much more compelling game.

I will say, though, that I've always hated how slowly players develop defensively here. I think it's fair to penalize offense early on in players major league careers, but they should be darned near major league ready in the field when the call comes. Many are 4+ away, which is brutal for infielders.

Updated Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 6:07:49 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |