Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Management option for positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
I like this idea, even if it was simplified a bit.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Very +1.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I feel the biggest thing missing from the game is the ability to set some sort of platoon for position players.

This suggestion could be used that way. Something along these lines would be great.

A none lefty/right platoon?

How does this suggestion resolve that?

Thanks,

Steve

Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 ... the lefty/righty platoon thing already works great, but as to the original suggestion ... I've been tearing my hair out with some of the VERY, very strange non-injury substitutions it seems to like making, and having zero control over who comes in where to pinch hit. This might add a way to stop a bit of the insanity (and 8th/9th inning defensive collapses).
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Steve
How does this suggestion help with platoons?

Right now we can set who we want to play against starting LHP or RHP and who the 1st back up position is in case of injury. BUT I feel like we have little control over In-Game substitutions. So we end up with players like F7/R11/A11 who is my lefty hitting first baseman rookie subbing mid game at SS and OF. I have 7 players (and half my bench) that have some kind of ss training and would have been a better option.

In my suggestion I would have him only eligible to play 1B or DH or PH but replace for defense immediately.
So it helps with in game strategy and offense/defense platooning.

I know this is a big request and would take some amount of coding and time, but i think it would improve management of our teams.
Thank you.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well exactly.

I've said it somewhere before, but I stopped doing substitutions (even in preseason) other than pinch runners when I got situations like the one posted above, a stone-handed DH-type being brought in at SS and kicking two ground balls which cost me a game.

Previous Page | Show All |