Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 2 tier draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It seems like there is less and less to pick from in the later rounds(6-10) these days. I'd like to propose a 2nd release of players beginning in round 6.

1st through 5th rounds you would have the same as now.

At the start of the 6th round release a new set of players ranging from bad to "good" players with maybe a very small percent of "very good" as well.

This would make the 6th and 7th rounds an worthwhile endeavor with slightly better chance to get a valuable piece and also make the 8th through 10th rounds more valuable for those rebuilding.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it should stay the way it is. The draft, like real life, has the good players at the beginning, and the less than stellar in the later rounds. Just the nature of all yearly drafts. Once in a while you will find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

I agree with Cory. I think its perfect as is. Best players go in the early rounds, but you can still get a sleeper late. Despite the odds being horrible, I still find myself choosing to cut players after the waiver deadline just to take a flier on the low draft pick. Probably would be smart to not draft in the 9th and 10th round, but that tells me that the trade-off is working perfectly as a game mechanic. Plus the realism is a nice touch.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
-1, what the others said. Plus don't feel the need for "power creep." Yeah, most of the time you're going to cut a seventh through tenth rounder, but occasionally you get a gem. Realism, etc...
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball

I don't think there has ever been a good suggestion for 'improving' the draft, perhaps because it works fine the way it is. Drafts are meant to be top-heavy and short on talent at the end. I've been fortunate to draft pretty well since I got here, and in eight full drafts I've landed players that are still on my roster from each of rounds 6-10. It can be done.

And like Rock most years I'll have one space after the waiver deadline just so I can make my late picks and see if I can get lucky.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think this idea is as bad as people are making it out to be. I wasn't going to say anything since I don't necessarily think it is the best solution, but there really is a lull in this part of the season, and I think having a little more talent injected into the pools late would help, even if it doesn't totally solve the issue. Basically I am lukewarm on this, but think that this thread has been a little too critical of an idea that isn't nearly as bad as several recently suggested things that actually gathered a few supporters.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the idea has some merit, but I rather like the draft how it is. The fun of occasionally snagging a good player like I did this year in round 7 is great. Besides, adding more good players would simply raise the bar for who is considered "good", and the net result would be a steady power creep.
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have the players that the computer chooses for you be randomly selected within the class that you choose. The present system seems to be top heavy
with very good players in the first round which makes me think they are not selected randomly.

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 3:40:06 pm PST
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 You get just as many guys with good reports as not early on, but good reports tend to get drafted first, leaving the guys with average or poor reports as the only ones who are left to show up in later rounds. It gets worse in last few rounds because even the average reports have been drafted by then. It’s not top-heavy, it just winds up feeling that way by the time you get to the sixth or seventh round.

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 4:02:26 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |