III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Makes a lot of sense, +1.

Like a button for "Back" and one for "Next", or << >> arrows.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Am I missing something simple?

How do you guys search for managers?

I can't find any other way than manually changing the number in the browser address 50 times to search through 50 managers and there are over 3000 managers. You can't even skip "taken" managers.

*waits for simple answer to prove my general incompetence*
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Simple. I don't search for managers. Some day I may have too. But I'm willing to pay my current manager 10 Million a year to avoid having to search through the heap. So it should be a few more years at least before I have to find a new one.

I previously proposed having one of these on the team player pages as well. Would also be nice on the guys on waivers.

Updated Monday, December 18 2017 @ 8:51:48 pm PST
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thx. lol

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just missing something.
I get frustrated with it but it's very nit picky. This is pretty much the only thing I don't like in this free to play no ads game.(still just amazed this exists)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The problem is, the way managers are now revealed, the next one may not be available yet. Exactly how is this to be used?

Steve
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 The idea here is to go through managers without having to use the search function or just increment through IDs in the URL. While I agree that it would make finding a new manager easier, I don’t know that I can rightly give it a +1 of my own with the way managers are currently signed.

The first-come-first-served basis means that someone going by the numbers — or a “next manager” button — is going to have an inherent advantage over anyone else if they’re willing to put the time in on it (and I won’t even try to pretend that it’s not how I found my manager, too). The way managers reveal stats over time makes it impossible to make an effective search by numerical criteria. Everyone starts at 10s across the board, so no new manager is going to show up if you’re looking for that 16+ hitting/pitching/development/whatever guy, and once owners have that 16+ hitting/pitching/development/whatever guy, they aren’t going to turn him loose for him to show up on a search. Sure, you can narrow a search down by experience, but it isn’t really any better than an incremental run by ID# at that point, since you still have to look at every manager on the list.

What makes incremental searches like that better are that experienced owners know to do it, and owners who have the time and patience to wade through dozens of managers (most of whom probably shouldn’t even be allowed in a dugout) are going to get the few worthwhile managers. I kinda hate to say it, but the only thing trickling managers in through the season did was to turn the season-opening-land-grab approach into a season-long affair, or would have if if it hadn’t made a lot of owners just give up on searching for new managers at all. The “next manager” button would just simplify searching for managers the way savvy owners all ready do, and adding it would concede that we do it that way because there really isn’t a better option.

Updated Wednesday, December 20 2017 @ 3:32:11 am PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well written and well said, AP. +1
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The way managers work still bugs me, probably the only flaw in the otherwise awesome game that is Broken Bat. Any change to make it easier is a welcome change. I might be lucky to have inherited a good manager, but I still feel for those who are searching.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah. I lucked out with finding a very good manager, but I completely feel for everyone else who doesn't have an optimal one. They are impossibly frustrating to search, browse, and find.

Previous Page | Show All |