Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Dump all unhired Managers at year end   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its been brought up many times that searching for managers is an unfun chore. Managers sitting on "free agency" are obviously not beloved. Why not just dump all out of work managers at the end of the year. They all retired or went into announcing games. That way new or recently dropped managers will be easy for folks to see. A list of 10-40 managers is far more reasonable.

Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. +1
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m not entirely in favor. What about managers who get canned during the last week of the season? If someone finds a manager with five positive comments during the playoffs and drops a four-positive-no-negative manager for him, that’s a good manager removed from the pool — and good managers are hard enough to come by without chasing them out of the business because of a bit of bad luck with timing.

Instead of forcing any unemployed manager into retirement at season’s end, just go for the ones who spent the entire season not managing a team — possibly by game counts instead of hire/fire dates.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I highly doubt this edge case is likely. First off you are assuming a great manager pops up at the end of the season, then you are assuming that no one snaps him up right away. Two big assumptions I don't see happening (especially the second). But if no one sees him, and he goes away, no one will miss him. So no loss. If a tree falls in the woods and no one ever sees it; who cares.
Markakis21

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How about just having managers disappear after one or two years from release date

Previous Page | Show All |