Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Spring Split Squad Scrimmage   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DDush

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
During the SPRING, I find myself wanting to see more game-results from new players and how the reductions impact my older players. Although there are lots of spring games, it would be great to have the ability to have an intra-squad scrimmage between players of my own team.

There are Real-World days when only 2 games are scheduled, so that would be a place for the scrimmage.

It might be a coding nightmare to have a double-line-up but even if they played against the exact same line-up it would work for the needs of new/old player assessment.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To get meaningful results out of this, you would have to have many of these scrimmages. I think if something like this was going to be implemented, it would be better used as a "training camp" type thing during the offseason before ST begins. Even then, the results would likely be unreliable and not great for real evaluation.
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah id have to agree with ephen...while it would be cool to have these in the game. If theyre just scattered randomly throughout the spring season there wouldnt be enough to get reliable results. I think its a cool idea though and would be useful information. I think if they were added during the off season it would stretch on too long. With it in the offseason itd be camp, spring training, with cup sprinkled in there, and then finally the regular season. Too much before regular season games. I just dont know where you could put them to keep things flowing.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't necessarily think the results would be meaningful to evaluate individual players for a couple reasons. The first is there isn't much consistency in data year to year. Unless you're playing against the same players at the point in time every single game, all you're really measuring in the young guys is how they are developing compared to their fellow teammates, not how they are progressing compared to the league. The second is that it's likely they'll be playing against entirely different players season after season as rosters change.

On the other hand, it might be useful for exposing certain weaknesses or highlighting the strengths of a team which could allow you to set strategies, ballparks, and change how you hunt for players.

All in all, though, I don't feel this adds enough to the game to make it worth implementing

Previous Page | Show All |