Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> release restriction option   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, I took over as my bot team's owner too late to stand the chance to save it from the relegation. That means next season I'm facing a significant hit to the finances, which even without that were dwindling. Yes, there is still the reserve, I won't go bancrupt, but regardless what the reserves are, several negative mil per season is calling for immediate action.
So I was trying to take that action by releasing players with hefty salaries. In particular, I wanted to release the player, whose sal of $2.3M is way too much for a guy not good enough for either LHP or RHP. And that's how I found out about the release restriction.
Moreover, I've got 3 players, who are ready for majors, but they are not going to train until the 30 days restriction period is over, because I've no space for them.
Yes, I could probably just release 3 other players from the majors, but it's kind of silly to keep a weaker player, with huge paycheck, while dropping a better one, with what, $0.5M ;-)

So wouldn't it be possible, that players released during those first 30 days would just disappear from the database, rather than going to waivers?

That's the essence of my suggestion.
Further reasoning follows.

That way there would be no danger, that a person grabbed a bot team only in order to grab this bot team's best player with his _real_ team.

Regarding the other justifications for the 30 days release restriction - if I really wanted to make a bot team lose against my real team, and I'm unable to win against a bot in a normal way (although it really sounds odd, to be so ambitious to win the division and so... illiterate as not being able to win againt bot), there are much more natural ways to achieve it, obvious even to a person whose knowledge of baseball is very shallow, and familiarity with brokenbat engine very slight. Meaning - myself. Not listing them, in order not to spread the word how to cheat :-P
And the last argument - to protect the new manager from hurting their chances by releasing a player they shouldn't? Well, it sounds like protecting those not really interested in the game, may be here just to feed their ego, at the cost of those seriously interested in learning the game they didn't have a chance to learn before. Yes, like myself.

Disappearing players is not the only possible option. Such released players could, for example, get hibernated, so to speak, until the 30 days period is over. For his owner he'd be unavailable, but others could grab him from waivers once the 30 days period is over - no difference whatsoever with what can happen the way it is now. The only difference - less hindrance for a new manager really interested in developing that team.

I realize, that even if my suggestion is gonna to be taken into consideration, my 30 days will be long gone. So personally, I'm never gonna take advantage of it. I hope it's kind of a guarantee, that this idea is genuinely taking into account new managers' situation, not whining in order to win sth for myself.

Thanks in advance for at least going through this looong post (which is probably full of English grammar errors and could be limited to 50 words, not 5000 :-D . Sorry.), even if you decide it's not worth taking into consideration.

Updated Monday, July 9 2018 @ 1:35:41 pm PDT
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry for a postscriptum, but reading someone else's post gave me idea at least how to save the training of those 3 players who are ready for majors. Reassign from majors to anything else :)
There, feeling better now. Economy won't kill me during those remaining days from 30.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Calvo is exactly the reason the restrictions are in place. To avoid a new manager from accidentally releasing a franchise player (that and to discourage cheating). Calvo is starting to show his age (and your manager is horrendous with hitters), so I don't disagree with your decision to drop him. Especially if you are trying to rebuild from the youth. The restrictions don't last too long, so you will be able to drop him soon enough. It seems like a long time right now, but it will go by quickly. Salaries are paid out on a weekly basis, plus with the roll over he won't get paid for some of that time. So he won't actually cost you that much if you do decide to cut him 3 weeks from now.
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Calvo? Nay, Calvo's a starter. Flood.
Can't quite see why a 30 day RR would make me not cheat once 30 days are over. Or why I'd cheat in so ineffective way, if much more efficient ways to cheat are available, RR or no RR, from day one.
Can't see why a new manager would be more likely to accidentally throw away a good player, than an old one.
But you're right, 30 days ain't too long. I'm just happy I figured out how to make the guy ready for majors replace Flood.
Thx for replying
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You'd be surprised. A lot of people accidentally drop players when they first start.

Also, there are multiple ways of cheating. Most cheaters are too lazy to wait 30 days. That is why they are cheating in the first place, because they are lazy. And 30 days gives Steve a chance to react if someone is making unusual moves with less critical players.

I didn't notice Flood. He is actually a decent 2B build (plus being a lefty is nice), but unfortunately he doesn't have enough position experience to be super effective. Plus you have a better, younger guy you want to give innings too. The AI isn't real great a figuring out who critical players are. I kind of think it should let you release anyone over the age of 30 and focus more on the prospects that shouldn't be cut. 30 days will go fast ;)

Updated Monday, July 9 2018 @ 6:48:47 pm PDT
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
"(...) focus more on the prospects that shouldn't be cut"
Definitely. But if it did, then cheaters (i.e.: lazy people), instead of analyzing who's their best prospects, would just test which youngster can't be dropped :).

Thanks again for replying.

Previous Page | Show All |