Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Saving Tight Races   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After Mike just did some research, I was wondering how possible it would be for the game engine to perform a check at the end of the season when it is deleting data. That check could look at certain points through the second half of the season to see whether races were very close (say less than five games between 1st and 5th, or promotion and relegation). Maybe saving snapshots of either those dates or of the typical benchmarks of July 15th, August 1, August 15, etc. These are the sorts of graphics that make comparing pennant races fun in real life, and would make similar historical comparisons much quicker removing the need to reconstruct standings through team schedules (not hard, just time consuming). Just a thought, since I know it wouldn't be possible for this season, and thus would lose the potential for saving the tight races going on right now (including Legends East).
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I love this idea, but I’d suggest taking it a step further in its implementation.

Add an extra page on the league page, similar to the League Leaders or League Awards page, and call it League Pennant Race or something similar. Give it a setup like the player development graph, listing each team and how far behind the division leader they are. (Optionally, add a second graph showing how many games above/below .500 each team is on that page.) This page could be updated every Friday with the training update or, if you’re really feeling ambitious, when the Minor League games get simulated so that the race snapshots are shown at the end of each series.
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Whoooo++++++

Yes, anything that adds flavor and creates a leagacy like that I'm all for.

Previous Page | Show All |