Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> In-game substitutions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Twice this season I've had a pitcher carry a no hitter into the 8th when my manager decides to pinch hit for Youngblood with Boyd.

I've tried to imagine how the exchange between the manager and pitcher goes in the dugout. "I know we're up 5, but I'm putting a 1B in RF for the last 2 innings. Good luck with the no-no."

Being able to set a platoon or depth chart of some fashion would be a very welcome addition.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One thing that would be a nice improvement over the OOTP approach would be allowing us to specify both vLHP and vRHP pinch hitters.
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Much like the bullpen options, you could have various situational subs. Left/right power hitter, l/r spark plugs (inning starter) I've noticed too often when I have the winning run on late, it'll bring in a hitter with next to no power, or a power hitter with low hitting to lead off the inning late. I also like the idea of setting certain players to replace certain people. It would be similar to the backup selection.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have R/R 1B who gets lifted for PH against RHP. The problem is the PH selected is Roger Irwin: 2B 3b L/R 13/11/15/15/10 .184 v RHP (.239 career). I think the objectively better choice is Fernando Amador: 1B of L/L 16/16/7/8/12 .287 vs RHP (.293 career).

Does the game engine consider attributes only?
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i didnt really read all this posts but my observations are,

ive seen a totally wrong def-positioned player to pinch hit and then before its time to wear the glove he has been substituted to right defensive player who suits the position.

Not that i have any control over that.
Mo0r3e

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, we need substitution in game.
Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Bump. I've stayed bullheaded and kept using substitutions, but the AI on it really is bat*beep* crazy. If I sort my roster, there's an OF that isn't terrible on paper (9/15/12), that it will only put at DH ... so he might be over-scouted there.

It has EIGHT times shoved that fool in at SS, when pinch hitting. Why the AI thinks, "hey this game is close ... lets put Butterfingers McGee at SS", is kinda mind boggling.

+1000 for some sort of control there, even something as low level as simply a set of checkboxes for "allow position X" on/off.

Side note: Defensive subs apparently does NOT work at all, or only when leading significantly? My backup SS was sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs in ALL 8 of those games. ^^
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
+1Million!!! Great Idea simply a set of checkboxes for "allow position X" on/off. That Idea is Great. In management control have a list of positions with player name on/off switch. This Idea should get its own thread. This would work excellent. How we could use this. Example A, all 8 positions with a drop down list of every player. :) ON/OFF switch :)
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
The reason I like on/off switch. Example B, player X, in game has pinch hit for (lhp/rhp) 5th inning, a list of every player that can play his position, would "AI" into who is on bench with position switch turned on, so player Z would come into game as pinch hit for position list.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Again an obvious +1. More user decisions? Yes please.

Previous Page | Show All |