Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Backups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A customized priority list would be nice, but steps before leaps. Looking at other games (Hardwood, Red Zone, etc.), they all have set position filling ordering. It is defined by the developer. As long as everyone is aware of that ordering, they can setup lineups that allow for starters to move to different positions. It works well and it is something Steve has already implemented in Hardwood. Why not take advantage by using a useful feature that has already been implemented, instead of dreaming up new features we wish were in the game.

Its not useful for Mike specifically because Mike checks between every game. Just like it is not useful for the 5% of other players who also check between every game. But I suppose in a narcissist's world, things only make sense if they help you specifically.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@wickersty

If you look down a few posts on the Suggestions page, you'll see this post, which is really discussing the topic you raised here.
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Curious if we can get a response from Steve on this. As another example, if I want to start my backup catcher at 1B and my starting catcher sits for rest or injury, I would like for my 1B to start at catcher the next game.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So what? We'd fill "defensive" position first? But what order...SS, CF, C, 2B, 3B, RF, LF, 1B.

FYI...Rock suggestion was: C, SS, 2B, 3B, 1B, CF, RF, LF, DH

Steve

Updated Sunday, March 31 2019 @ 11:32:34 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I admit I don't know jack about programming, but again I have to ask why set a universal backup list? If we have a list from top to bottom that we choose, can't the game access that as easily as a generic one? Allow each owner to set his priority.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I would prefer CF to come after C/2B/SS. I usually want those positions solid before CF, and its pretty common for me to have a C/2B who also backs up CF. But I'm happy to work with whatever order is used.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

its important. i lost a game becouse i had injury in OF and my 3b-man Hess (played +1300 games in his career and appeared 7 times in OF) was there to play OF and thats where they hit the winning hits…

suggestion: now we have the backup, add also where the backup player will be in the lineup, last one or where the missing player's spot is. Simple?
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
C, SS, 2B, 3B, CF, RF, LF, 1B, DH

Can this be done by simply allowing us to put starters as a backup in our lineup card? So, lead-off hitter plays 1B and is also the backup at C. If my C gets injured during the game, the 1B takes over at C and then my backup 1B enters the game in the C batting position.
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
E.g., today my C got injured during a sim. My backup C starts at DH. I didn't sign on in time to fix so the next game my backup IF started at C while my backup C stayed at DH. If I could have designated my backup C as an actual backup to the position (even though he's in my starting lineup) this could have been avoided.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like the idea of a universal back up list, but the general idea of using starters as backups is a good one. Also a "backup priority" might be good too. So you can have a guy who backs up shortstop, catcher and outfield, but you can define which one he should play if there are multiple injuries.

Previous Page | Show All |