Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Drill Down Stats for All Games, All Years for Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know this carries database requirements, but I would love it if I could open a player page and view the full stats for all games in a given year.

Like this, for Christian Yelich:

2017 Games
2018 Games

etc etc

This would help a team owner identify how consistently streaky (oxymoron!) a player is, and how real his trends of being a slow starter, slow middle-of-yearer, or slow ender.

In other words, the more I know about my players the more I can make decisions about my team, which is another way to add layers of nuance and ownership to the game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not criticizing the suggestion, but can't you mostly achieve this using the "Latest" stat page?

For a while I got into the habit of copying the Latest into Excel each Thursday. Not so much anymore. In general I think there should be some room with our stats to allow those who "go the extra mile" some benefit. (Not condemning this suggestion on that basis; in general).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really. Latest only tells you the last few weeks. You can't see yearly trends in the data. Like if a guy always blows up in the spring.

I'm not a big fan of games making players do grunt work for information that is readily available. Same reason I was for the POT filter on searching. Even the playing field so everyone can play. Not just retirees with gobs of free time on their hands.
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That would be nice. I would love to have a "Game Log" page.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So you want a game log?

At present, this is not available the way the game statistics are stored...and to change it would increase the DB size a lot.

This has been suggested several times and I continue to look at ways to achieve this. The 'latest form' statistics doesn't really do this, but it was what could be done without dramatically increasing the DB size.

Steve
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally understand that, Steve. Maybe someday. It would be really nice to have a game log page for each player and get to see when and against which teams they fare better.

Previous Page | Show All |