Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Combined Minor League Teams   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, ensure to read this in full so there is no confusion.

My idea consists of having one minor league team from each level (AAA, AA, A, Rookie) for a certain region. The idea would be that multiple teams in the same region (Southeast, North, Mountains, etc.) have their prospects play for a minor league team (in whichever assignment prospects have) with a full roster, which I think would be cooler than the current system. That way, you could have schedules, see real games, see lineups, team rosters, etc.

Updated Tuesday, June 4 2019 @ 4:23:21 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's a neat idea. I would enjoy reading through some game reports and having some additional context for what my minor league guys are doing.

In practice, I think it would be very difficult to execute. New prospects at all minor league levels are drafted almost every week of the season. Players get cut from their rosters. Position players may have their position of emphasis changed.
Lower SI players that see limited play at present would likely be left off rosters altogether.

The fluidity of prospects kind of necessitates the current system.

Previous Page | Show All |