Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Suggestion: Remove Pitch Count and Hook Limitations for SP   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Title says it all, currently MLB teams use opening pitchers (referred to as an opener) very often. And it's something that could be an option here as well.
But with the " Starting pitchers will have a minimum of pitch count of 75 and minimum hook of 5 regardless of management settings." it limits the options we could use, including (but not limited too) the one mentioned.

Why can't we set our pitchers strategies without that limitation/minimums? Maybe there's a reason I don't know off. Is there an exploit somewhere in using a strategy we want, not limited to the minimums in place?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Exploitation is a good way of saying this is a bad idea. Real life managers get to actually manage games. We don't.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Exploitation is a good way of saying this is a bad idea. Real life managers get to actually manage games. We don't.

Don't quite understand what you mean. We have a management page where we can set pitch counts and hooks. That was what I was referring too.

My mention to a possible exploit was based perhaps on something that users/admin discovered in the past (before I started playing). Because I can't see another good reason to have minimum pitch count and hooks for SP's in place.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was vague in my response because I don't like explaining ways owners can exploit the system. Your suggestion would increase those opportunities. You aren't the first to suggest this. You could search the forums and try to find it. I don't recall what it was titled.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Understood.

Previous Page | Show All |