Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Let closers enter a game when tied   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I posted this thread first in the "help" forum. I'd like the ability to bring a closer in when the game is tied. For example, in this game.

I scanned some of the suggestion list, but couldn't spot any other relevant thread. Thanks!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it's an option/setting, I agree that it would be nice. The fact that they don't right now is why I generally don't use closers. When I use them, they are normally my third best reliever or so.

There are problems with this idea. Right now the manager triggers the closer to come in given it's a save situation and the earliest inning requirement is met. If the closer were to come in when the game is tied, is he forced in, pulling the current pitcher even though that reliever's hook (pitch count or run hook) hasn't been reached? Or is it that the closer will simply come in when a reliever would regularly exit? Do you add extra settings only for the closer? That would make the settings page a bit clunky and possibly confusing. If you don't have extra settings to cover those choices, is it really an improvement? Then there's the fact that Steve has to spend time dealing with these changes. It seems like a lot of effort for a small gain.

Updated Sunday, June 30 2019 @ 10:23:02 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |