Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Different Lineups for League and Cup play   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
When you click on Lineup, there are three different lineups you can make: League play vs LHP, League play vs RHP, and Spring Training.
My suggestion would allow for five different lineups. The difference is adding one for Cup play vs LHP and a lineup of Cup play vs RHP.
The reason I'm proposing this is that a lot of players play differently in Cup than they do in League. I think anyone playing BB agrees with that. Adding two more lineups will help simplify the strategy of setting lineups.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the drawback to this suggestion is how other human managers play. I know I'm not alone in swapping players from AAA to the Bigs and vice versa to give AAA players Cup time. Sure, you could set a Cup lineup, but it would be limited to your players in the Bigs. I get the impression it would be challenging for the system to allow you to set a lineup that includes players both in AAA and the Bigs. We, the manager, have to make the move.

I mean sure, you could have a Cup lineup that just consists of players in the Bigs. I'm just saying it wouldn't be all that helpful to managers who are swapping players to and from AAA. I certainly wouldn't get a lot of use out of the option for strictly making a Cup lineup. Maybe more people would than I expect, however.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
+1, as long as there's a "copy regular lineup" button somewhere on there.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This has been suggested before a few times, but Steve nixed the idea because he really wants people to put their best squad in for Cup games.

Previous Page | Show All |