Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Last Place?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I saw this in my league today. Notice Anchorage is in 5th place even though they have a worse record than the last place team. I don't think its a big deal, but just thought I should point it out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably being ordered by GB and then run difference because that is the real tie breaker. If a team that was listed as #4 got demoted they would be pretty pissed :)

But yeah, by the end of the year all the percentages work out, so it would make more sense to be ordered by percentage rather than GB.

Updated Saturday, February 13 2016 @ 10:42:47 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Anchorage Phoenix Cup 4 12 .250 6½ -25 L2 3-7
6 Arvada Royals Bot Cup 5 13 .278 6½ -39 W2 3-7

Technically, you have the same record (not winning percentage, but in terms of games behind) and his run differential is better. This is never an issue with the final standings (because everyone always plays 160 games), but this can happen mid-season when the number of games played by teams differs.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it hurt to added the ORDER BY for win percentage between GB and run diff?

... Or probably you are just calculating the win percentage so the data is already ordered by GB and then run diff on the DB call?

Strictly speaking the nicest looking ordering is GB, WP, and then RD. WP isn't used in tie breaker because its always equal, but usually that's how standings are ordered. Pretty minor item in my book, but I can see why it was reported. Probably a "nice to have" sort of fix.

Updated Monday, February 15 2016 @ 1:52:15 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It could get confusing for someone who doesn't realize that RD is THE tie-breaker at the end of the season, but it really makes the most sense for the RD to be the tie-breaker throughout the season as well since when the season ends it will hit you like a 90 mph brick if you were unprepared for it. Better to have the occasional confused person come into the bug forum to report a non-bug than have the person come in at season's end raging about not understanding why they finished behind someone else.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that makes sense too. Helps to clarify that RD is the tie breaker.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly, winning percentage isn't part of the tie-breaking mechanics...I think this should be order the way it is.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |