Forum >> Bug Reports >> Winning Pitcher   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mhk

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi
this game: http://brokenbat.org/game/1963012
Why is Cardenas credited with the win ?
The score was 5-2 when Colombo left the game, it was 7-2 whem Cardenas entered it, the final result was 8-2.

upps, sorry , didn´t want to post this in the bug forum, should have been discussions, but it´s around 1 am sunday in germany and I´m drunk

Updated Saturday, February 27 2016 @ 4:18:37 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Colombo didn't pitch five innings as the starter, so he's not qualified to win the game.

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's something, same topic so I'm using this thread rather than start a new one.

This game.

My starter Alcantar gave up a home run to start the 5th inning and was pulled. Mooney came in and threw four pitches, giving up another solo homer. He was pulled. Solomon comes in and pitches two innings, and the score remains 5-3 to me while he is in the game.

So Solomon gets the win? No, Mooney did, and he didn't even get an out!

That can't be right, can it?
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's a legit bug. The official rule is most effective pitcher. Since an out wasn't recorded, that pitcher wasn't effective. No win for you.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On the surface, I would agree that Solomon would get the W, but I believe that the rule is that a starter needs to complete 5 innings. It could be whoever pitches after the starter in that case.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, the starter wouldn't get the win if he doesn't go 5 innings. The algorithm isn't subjective enough to assign it to the "best" relief pitcher.

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

It was only spring training but I did wonder how this would be during regular season games. Ultimately I'd take the W then, regardless of who gets it!
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, the way I read the official rule is the relieving pitcher needs to have recorded at least 1 (preferably more) outs to be considered effective. IE: If B relieves A in the 5th, walks two, then C comes on and retires the next three, C gets credit for the win. Could something like that be a possibility?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wondering if

"The algorithm isn't subjective enough to assign it to the "best" relief pitcher"

applies here too.

Previous Page | Show All |