Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Double play RBI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Small bug I noticed in today's game, bottom 5th:
Posada grounds to third base. Cedillo is thrown out at second by Maya. Posada is thrown out at first by second base Greco for a double play. Natale comes in to score.

If a runner scores from 3rd on a double play ball, it should not be an RBI, but Posada was credited with one.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Never mind, just looked up the rule.

Updated Sunday, March 6 2016 @ 4:55:05 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
From Wiki on Run batted in

Major League Baseball Rules

The official rulebook of Major League Baseball states in Rule 10.04:

(a) The official scorer shall credit the batter with a run batted in for every run that scores:

(1) unaided by an error and as part of a play begun by the batter's safe hit (including the batter's home run), sacrifice bunt, sacrifice fly, infield out or fielder's choice, unless Rule 10.04(b) applies;
(2) by reason of the batter becoming a runner with the bases full (because of a base on balls, an award of first base for being touched by a pitched ball or for interference or obstruction); or
(3) when, before two are out, an error is made on a play on which a runner from third base ordinarily would score.

(b) The official scorer shall not credit a run batted in

(1) when the batter grounds into a force double play or a reverse-force double play; or
(2) when a fielder is charged with an error because the fielder muffs a throw at first base that would have completed a force double play.

(c) The official scorer's judgment must determine whether a run batted in shall be credited for a run that scores when a fielder holds the ball or throws to a wrong base. Ordinarily, if the runner keeps going, the official scorer should credit a run batted in; if the runner stops and takes off again when the runner notices the misplay, the official scorer should credit the run as scored on a fielder's choice.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Endrju -- I will look into this...I think you are correct, but my reading of the rules.

Steve
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Steve, b1 is the rule I mention:
(b) The official scorer shall not credit a run batted in
(1) when the batter grounds into a force double play or a reverse-force double play;

Feel free to check in real MLB scores, but I'm sure about that one :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I agree with you. I have a fix that will be incorporated into the game engine upgrade at the All-Star break (in a couple of days).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |