this game
Bottom 6th
Fly out to center
Runner out at plate
No DP scored though CF got the assist and C a putout
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...yes, it looks like I need to add that logic. There are currently no outfield double plays although there is a statistic maintained for it.

Thanks,

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this game
Had two strike'm out throw'm out DPs in bottom of 2nd and 7th not counted as such
Didn't think a new forum post was necessary for something similar
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
From a statistically standpoint, does that get counted as a double play?

Steve
TheBa8e

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes:

10.11 Double And Triple Plays
The official scorer shall credit participation in a double play or triple play to each fielder who earns a putout or an assist when two or three players are put out between the time a pitch is delivered and the time the ball next becomes dead or is next in possession of the pitcher in a pitching position, unless an error or misplay intervenes between putouts.

Updated Monday, March 28 2016 @ 6:07:22 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Let me re-phrase, the caught stealing followed by the strike out doesn't really occur on the same pitch though, right?

Steve
TheBa8e

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well you asked if it is statistical double play and by the wording of MLB rules it is. The ball doesn't become dead in either case: strike em out, throw em out OR fly out, thrown out runner.

I suppose if someone calls time or the ball ends up in the stands before the throw out, the play would be dead. LOL, and the second is impossible, and I'm not sure you can call time when the outfielder has the ball and a runner is digging for home.

So yes, they are both double plays.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Baseballreference does have a DP column for catchers (with non-zero entries).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...that could be a double play.

The real problem is that in Broken Bat, things are simulated on an at-bat by at-bat basis, so a caught stealing followed by a strike out...it's not entirely clear if the runner was thrown out on the 3rd strike or some other pitch.

I'll have to look at how it happens in the live action...I think it's always happening before the strike out (currently).

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually both were on hit and run where batter struck out and runner was caught stealing

Previous Page | Show All |