Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Weird Base Running/Fielding Plays   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know Steve asked for weird plays last year after the updates. Here's one that isn't realistic from game three today.

Top 10th: Redding
  Mancini comes in to pitch. 
  Patterson comes in to pinch hit for Esparza. 
  Patterson hits a single to right field.
  Cisneros grounds to second base. Patterson is forced out at second by Manning. Cisneros reaches first on a fielder's choice.
  Natale comes in to pinch hit for Ingram. 
  Natale hits a single to right field. Cisneros advances to second base.
  Reid grounds to first base on a hit and run. Cisneros is thrown out at third by Arnold. Natale advances to second base. Reid reaches first on a fielder's choice.
  Cherry comes in to pitch. 
  Flaherty strikes out.
Redding 1, Shawnee 1

It would be bad enough on a normal ball to the first baseman, but this is far worse since it was on a hit and run. Unless the guy fell flat on his face, there's no chance this would happen.

Hit and runs in general are bad about this here. They normally break up the double play by making the batter safe, which is strange. That's why most of my players get the x for hit and run; there's almost no gain and only risk.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I found another thing that might need a look at. Bottom 9th, tied game.

Bottom 9th: Warsaw
Morales takes the mound to pitch.
Casillas hits a single to center field.
Menendez hits a double to left field. Casillas advances to third base.
The infield draws in and outfield is playing shallow.
Fleming hits a double to left field. Casillas comes in to score. Menendez comes in to score.

1. With 0 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd, I think every team, besides playing shallow, would go for intentional walk? Maybe on such occasions (9th inning of tied ball game is the key) the management settings should be overrided?
2. If a game ends in walk-off hit, like this one, shouldn't it end after first runner reaches home?

Edit: added link

Updated Wednesday, April 27 2016 @ 12:44:52 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll look into these. Can you include the game number.

Thanks,

Steve

Updated Wednesday, April 27 2016 @ 12:34:23 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I added link to the original post.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/game/2110163

There's mine.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another weird play, top 9th:
Menendez grounds to third base on a hit and run. Menendez is thrown out at first by Nakayama. Casillas holds at second base.

So a guy takes off for third, ball goes to 3B, runner stops and heads back to 2nd, while 3B decides to go to 1st instead of taking easy tag at 2nd.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This isn't that weird. A hard grounder to third will get there pretty fast. The runner from 2nd is probably only half way there and is coming to a halt as he sees the 3B fielding the ball. At 3B you can either pickle the guy (and risk an error), or look him back to the base and take the easy out at 1B. Its all situational and depends on exactly how far down the line the runner has gotten, but its a very reasonable outcome to look the runner back to 2nd and throw the guy out at 1st.

Updated Tuesday, May 24 2016 @ 7:46:23 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |