Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Closer didn't come in until the 9th   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've set it to the 8th for today to test it out again. Toca instead of Wiley. We'll see if the manager can figure it out. Hopefully we'll give him a couple chances.
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not 100% sure what was going on but the game/pitcher use looks correct to me. If Wiley was your closer, I assume Toca was your setup man. Which is the way it would normally go.

I think you asked about the save situation. In the 8th Toca came in. If Toca had stayed in and pitched the 9th as well, it would've been a save situation. When Wiley came in that made him the closer of record. It MAY have something to do with pitcher fatigue or pitch count, maybe.
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not 100% sure what was going on but the game/pitcher use looks correct to me. If Wiley was your closer, I assume Toca was your setup man. Which is the way it would normally go.

I think you asked about the save situation. In the 8th Toca came in. If Toca had stayed in and pitched the 9th as well, it would've been a save situation. When Wiley came in that made him the closer of record. It MAY have something to do with pitcher fatigue or pitch count, maybe.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand most people use the closer only in the ninth. I had Wiley set for the eighth inning with the manager settings, so he should have come in for the eighth. I rarely even use the closer role. Go figure I set it that way for one day and the manager can't figure it out. I bet he successfully does it with Toca in the eighth today. We'll see soon.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There was only one opportunity today and he came in correctly.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Why did the manger pull Park in the game in question?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Park was pulled due to pitch count (29). He just happened to eclipse 25 at the end of the seventh inning.
Toca, however, pitched the entire eighth in just 9 pitches. He was easily under his pitch count, but got pulled in the ninth for the closer. That's what so strange about it. That was the right call, only an inning later than it should have been.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe the pitch count logic is superseding the save logic. If that is the case I'd certainly call that a "feature".
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I see the logic error now. Testing a fix....

So, in general, bots should bring their closer in only in the 9th inning.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Should work today.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |