Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> EXWL error?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m moderately offended by the notion that I’m expected to go on a 1-9 run to finish out the year, but that’s sort of beside the point, here. How exactly is Independence supposed to wrap up the season by going eleven-and-negative-one?

Updated Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 5:23:22 am PST
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not an error, the expected win/loss are based on run differential.

-Moe
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Basically means the Athletics have had some really bad luck during the season, and really should have finished with a better record than they did. EXWL is mostly only useful near midseason, as it doesn't incorporate the actual record, but rather the expected outcome based on strictly on the team performance.

Your team on the other hand has caught a lot of lucky breaks (as the 1-run record normally attests to); based on performance you shouldn't have the record you do.

Updated Saturday, November 26 2016 @ 6:23:53 pm PST
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Okay, fair enough. No bug to see here, move along. <.< >.> <.<;
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Okay, fair enough. No bug to see here, move along. <.< >.> <.<;
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The confusion is largely because the EXWL is shown as if the entire season has been played. In my opinion it makes more sense to show either the expected WPCT or EXWL based on the number of games played. It's really weird this way.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Pythagorean expectation / Expected Wins

BTW, it isn't necessarily bad luck. It could also be poor tactics employed in close games too...

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My 1-run record fluctuates drastically from season to season, but my tactics and personnel haven't changed significantly. There is a lot of luck in baseball (otherwise every hitter would have a Boolean avg against any specific pitcher) and 1-run games are going to fall one way or the other based primarily on which players get hits.

I am 19-25 in 1-run games this year despite having the strongest bullpen in the league. I really don't think its an issue with my tactics. Two years ago I was 22-14. That's a 14 game swing; the difference between promotion and demotion in many leagues.

EDIT: But yes, I see what you mean. It isn't always bad luck. Sometimes we make our own bad luck ;) I supposed if it wasn't fluctuating it would be a hint that I should review my tactics.

Updated Sunday, November 27 2016 @ 9:48:35 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |