Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Outfield shallow?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/game/2296242

In the first game of the day the WINNING run was on second in the bottom of the ninth and the outfield was not playing shallow. The opposition singles and wins the game.

In the very next game, the TYING run was on second in the bottom of the ninth and we did move in.

Is this correct? It seems backwards to me. In the first instance you have to throw out the runner or the game is over, yet the outfield stayed back. In the second example, it simply ties the game and you continue. Also, a line drive double over the outfielder in the second situation is far worse than the first because it then puts the winning run on second instead of just first.

My guess is this isn't a bug, but is how it's programmed. If that's the case, make this a settings suggestion because I'd rather have it the other way or have it with the outfield in for both the winning and tying runs.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would guess that the AI is factoring in some things such as the batter and pitcher tendencies/abilities as well. Are you sure you would want to be in 100% of the time in that situation?

These sorts of tactical preferences are what I would have preferred to see on Managers BTW. How often does the guy pull in the outfield, or play the infield out, etc.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I can't say that I'd want it 100% of the time either way, which is why I said it is probably a settings suggestion and not a bug report. Some of what is frustrating about this game is that we don't know what the game says must happen. Some instances we do, like runners not advancing on line drives. That's horrible logic, but at least we know that's the case.

Previous Page | Show All |