Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Replacement due to injury   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What’s the old rule? Never make the first or last out at third.

I definitely agree that stealing settings should be weighted MuCH more toward applying to stealing 2d and MUcH less towards stealing 3d
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would argue that the “backup” selection to the right of the starting player in the lineup screen should be what is used to decide who comes in in a defensive replacement. This way we can instruct the AI who our ideal replacement is and have much more control over late inning swaps. As it is now, it’s too risky to let the AI decide who they will sub in so I’m not allowing the engine to do it at all either anymore.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@wickersty, you really need to read the original post. It explains the situation you are confused about.

@Steve, I never said I automatically lose. I said Foxx is playing out of position where he has no reason to be playing. And he is making errors, which give the other team extra runs, which has made me lose several games. I just think the AI needs to be improved. Instead of bringing in the same bum for every position, I'd like it to actually give weight to position experience when choosing a replacement. Its not just catcher, Foxx is preempting (better hitting) guys at 1B too. Why would the AI bring in a guy with no 1B experience over a guy with full "1B"? Just seems like the AI needs a tweak, because it isn't doing a very good job at selecting replacement players.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Forget about the catchers. Why did Foxx come in instead of Ishii and Parsons (First two posts). Those are the positions where he is causing games to be lost.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock yup. I thought we were purely talking about regular defensive replacements /pinch hits. Your original post is even more of a unique, particular situation. But the same improvements to pinch hit/defensive replacement logic surely could still apply to how it decides who should have come in for you.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure you've said many times, Rock, that defense doesn't matter much at first. It's probably the least significant defensive position, with LF and RF being the only possible exceptions (other than pitcher, obviously, and no one is pitching because of their defense).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Fielding isn't as important at 1B, but it doesn't mean I want to put a guy who can't play there. I lost a couple games this year because Foxx (with no 1B experience) made errors at 1B while a better hitting fully trained 1B sat the bench.

There is a big difference between a guy with low fielding who is trained at 1B and only fields at .985 and an untrained joker who is fielding at .937. Fox got 29 games at 1B this year despite him never being assigned to play 1B...
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. That's horrendous luck/fielding. I have a similar thing with one of my catchers finding his way there late in five games committing 2 errors for a .778 FPCT. He's rated a 6 in fielding, which is why he's behind the plate (well, that and his 19 arm). Thankfully he's never started a game at first. Those late game settings are pretty bad. The starting lineups/backups are poor, too, but take bad luck of multiple injuries combined with the inability of being able to check in. Bad late game settings can only be avoided by not allowing any in game substitutions.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. I regret necroing the thread, but I thought this was funny.

Earlier in the thread I grumbled about my manager pinch running for my catcher with a 2B and leaving him in the game defensively despite having a very good defensive replacement on the bench. I speculated that my manager might even pinch hit for the 2B with the backup catcher if given the opportunity.

That's what happened in the game linked.

9th inning
- Manager pinch ran for catcher with 2B in the 9th (good).
- Managers leaves 6 arm no knowledge 2B in to play catcher (bad)

10th inning
- manager pinch hits for 2B-playing-catcher with backup catcher (funny imo :) )
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Not surprised 😂

Previous Page | Show All |