Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Server rollover bugs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If Steve will decide to go on without a rollback, it's ok, that was not my point.
The point for me is basically to have a clear path to follow as soon as possible, 'cause, like everyone else, there are tons of choices to make.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Even though I've had a hard time getting myself going the past couple of mornings, I'm planning as if there will be no rollback.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Issue is, not all teams benefited equally from the training thing either. Some players got 10+ worth of training updates, while others only received a single training update. Depends on how many players you had with big bonuses vs how many just received normal training...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Some players got 10+ worth of training updates, while others only received a single training update.

How did you determine that some players received 10+ training updates?

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay…so I’ve re-worked the training code so that it should do two things:

1. Reduce memory usage to work on the new server.
2. Tag each player as training happens so there is never duplication of training (even if the process runs multiple times).

Hope this resolves the issue…I’ll be watching carefully on Friday.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Reference Franks comment where one of his players went from 5 years experience to 7 years experience. Plus some players are being recommended to skip entire levels of the minors (never seen a player recommended with less than a year of training at a level). And some players gained 30 SI. I've never seen a player gain 15 SI in one training session. All those facts together pointed to more than a years worth of training for some players.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
On the other hand, we have guys like Benedict in AAA, who pitched 30+ innings in the first week of spring training and didn't pop a single skill. So while some players apparently received multiple updates, others seem to have only received a single (or no?) update.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I have a thought there. It’s been mentioned that it was mostly Minors guys who were affected by MTU, and someone suggested that only Minor League training was run multiple times. One thing that seems to lend weight to that idea is that it seems that a lot of AAA players didn’t get as much out of it: They probably had the least left to learn and may not be able to benefit from further training. It could also explain why there was a rash of Major League players getting their “may not have much room for improvement” reports if Spring Training counts for both training and experience. If they were already capped on experience but not quite there on training, the MTU may have gotten them there.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had considered that as well, but I doubt this guy has maxed out his training yet...

And here is a A player who only gained 1 SI. Not recommended to promote and was in A from the start of the season, so he shouldn't have lost any training.

Compare him to this guy in AAA who gain 27 SI.

Add in the fact that some players are being recommended to jump over AAA entirely, and players gaining multiple years of experience.

I think the only logical solution is that not all players actually received multiple training updates, while some received MANY updates.

Updated Monday, October 23 2017 @ 4:23:05 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to make the point more clear. Two of the players linked to in the previous post:

"Kiki" Sears, 30 year old pitcher in AAA. Was about 27 SI short of his max. 0 IP = 27 SI

Guillermo Saenez, 26 year old pitcher in AAA. Was about 57 SI short of his max. 13 IP = 0.5 SI

Previous Page | Show All |