Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Session/Cookies for Login   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed that the session/cookie that keeps you logged in is tied to whether the domain you're using is broken bat.org or brokenbat.org (the www prefix).

So, depending on whether a link on the site or forums is http://brokenbat.org or http://brokenbat.org, you are potentially kicked out of your logged in state.

Since I've joined BB I've found this to be an annoyance, especially when on mobile. I have to either log in again or change the url I'm using to include/exclude the www prefix, depending on which was in play when I logged in.

My suggestion is to either modify the session/cookie to work under both variations of the domain (www or non-www), OR have the server enforce one method over the other so that, no matter what you typed in or no matter what link you followed, you're always forced into either www or non-www mode, thus ensuring your logged-in state persists.

I don't believe there's much effort behind either of these approaches, and I don't know how often other people have experienced this, but I think it'd be a worthwhile change to make.

Thanks

Jeff
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He did this at one point, but reverted when it had unexpected side effects. I don't remember the details beyond that, though. I don't really ever have any issue with keeping my session to the non-www version of the site, personally.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I do believe this is not a bug... if I don't stay 'active' the game kick me out. Being 'active' means clicking at least one page every N minutes.

If you are doing something important like a press release or a big post, is better to open a second window before clicking 'post' to ensure you are logging in, or log in if the page kicked you out.

Edit: Yes, if you change from the 'brokenbat.org' to 'brokenbat.org' or viceversa it logged out.

Edit 2: But the logging kept in both, if you do it in separate windows or tabs.

Updated Sunday, December 10 2017 @ 5:15:21 pm PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like your logo krakoniko!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
As Krakonico was trying to type. Don't put the www. in front of the brokenbat.org. Just go directly to brokenbat.org and it should get rid of your issue.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I understand that going to the www version of the domain solves the issue, but it wouldn’t BE an issue if it just worked on www and non www, or if the whole site was enforced to www.

Maybe it’s only my bookmarks that are non-www, and everywhere else on the site and forums it’s www. Then it would be my fault and my problem alone. But I feel like I’m constantly finding myself switched from www to non www throughout the day and having to deal with it.

I’ll keep a closer eye and double check all my bookmarks to make sure it’s not me and only me causing the problem.

Jeff
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You want everything to be non-www.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
How are you getting to the www site...you just have it bookmarked that way?

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I guess it must have been my bookmarks.

Previous Page | Show All |