Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Player with no position?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This may not strictly be a bug, but I find it unusual, so posting.

This guy on waivers isn't showing a single position in the Position field. I tried refreshing in case it just didn't load, but nope, nothing. Players always get drafted with some kind of position, even if it's a small letter (like a small p for a pitcher). So to see nothing? Seems an oddity.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like he just recently lost it. http://brokenbat.org/player/114039/T

I've seen that happen to a career DH before. But what's interesting about your example is that he actually played in the field more often than not. Just at positions he had no skill/experience at!

lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh wow. Never thought to check the development graph. Good call! STILL, it seems rather unusual that the game engine can allow a player to lose ALL positional qualifications. Seems to me a player should always retain at least one, even if it's small-letter.

EDIT: Though moments after posting, yes, I realize there are career DHs. Hrm... I suppose it's realistic that a player may not be qualified at a position. But exceedingly rare.

Updated Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 7:30:53 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like someone put in a lot of effort with a poor player to run an experiment to see if they could make them lose all their positions. Their experiment succeeded, but I don't think it requires a change to the code for such an edge case. Pure DHs are pretty rare in the game.

... and that someone was a bot, LOL.

Updated Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 9:28:50 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |