Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Retired players getting positional xp   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just noticed some of my old retired players are picking up positional xp in positions they never even played. Delgado at the ripe old age of 53 can now play every position except pitcher. Has Steve finally added juicing to the game? Should I clean out his old locker for him? I could really use the bat if he's found his "second wind".

Lin is another example. It doesn't seem to be affecting all retired players, but most of the ones I've looked at have picked up some extra positions.

Updated Wednesday, October 24 2018 @ 3:11:45 pm PDT
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It happened a few weeks ago.
Steve "readjusted" the fielding skill.
(there was a post about it)

Part of it, is only appearance: you can now read the exact skill level on the player's card/development graph

Part of it, may be substantial because now the upper limit of positional experience is 3 whereas the Full Letter for a position equals 2.
This is my speculation only. Not confirmed.
It may have been like that for ever

Updated Wednesday, October 24 2018 @ 3:17:04 pm PDT
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As far as I understand though, didn't Steve only adjust how positional xp is displayed in the development graph? Delgado was a career OF who never played anything else except a bit of 1B and DH so I don't see how he could have all positions showing now when they were never at lower case to begin with, especially when positional xp decays if they don't play that position. He's also old enough that he doesn't have any data in his development graph. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Updated Wednesday, October 24 2018 @ 3:34:24 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like it happened to all the players who are too old to have a Development Graph. Probably also guys who were around before positional training was a thing? So Steve may have needed to generated some values for them to keep things from breaking (at some point in time), and then when he realigned the numbers some of them popped up with lower case positions that never showed before.

Narrative: "In the early days of Broken Bat players were iron men who could play anywhere on the field. I the modern error players have become more specialized and generally only focus on one or two positions."

Updated Friday, November 2 2018 @ 7:16:43 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Steve
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

(there was a post about it)

Could someone be so kind as to link to the post? I've been quite occupied the last two months and haven't been following the forums closely.

Thanks.

Updated Sunday, November 4 2018 @ 5:54:14 pm PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Huh?

Try this
Position Training (Incremental Values)

It is kind of an announcement of sorts
:)

Updated Wednesday, November 7 2018 @ 3:35:10 am PST