Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Pinch Runner Bug?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Game

Bottom of the 9th. My 8 speed DH Tuero gets a 2 out RBI single to make the score 5-3. That makes him the tying run at 1B.

He has a pinch run order. Why isn't he pinch run for? Surely he doesn't have to be standing on 2B in that context? If the next batter finds a gap he can score from 1B.

That's what happens. Next batter gets a double. Despite his "--" baserunning and 8 speed Tuero decides to test the RF arm. No Bueno.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I felt for you on that one, Seca. I think it's an obvious instance for a pinch runner, but I'm not surprised that didn't occur. The AI has difficulty with most non-pitching substitutions.

Given the actual example in that game, I think the AI did the right thing sending him even though he's an 8 with --. I'm guessing the chance of him successfully scoring the tying run there is far greater than if he isn't waved in. That makes it a strong case that there should have been a pinch runner. I don't think it's a bug; it's more of an illustration of what can be improved in the AI or settings.

Updated Tuesday, February 26 2019 @ 8:08:09 am PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. I'm not really placing the 3B coach at fault.

But it's the DH. It's not like there are defensive ramifications if we actually tie the game.

There just isn't a more blatant scenario for a pinch runner than tieing run on 1st 2 out bottom of the 9th.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe that was a bug after all?
I just had basically the exact same scenario, down by 1, 2 outs in the 9th, but I got a pinch runner. 16 speed replacing 7. Lo and behold, my batter nailed a double to tie the game up. What was your fastest guy on the bench, Seca?

My game that put in a PR.

Updated Tuesday, February 26 2019 @ 4:26:36 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Can look at it...

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |