Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Blown Saves?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but how are my guys getting Blown Saves in this game?
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Because your team held on a lead, and the pitcher allowed the tying run to score.
That's the point of a BS
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Is a one run lead in the 4th inning really a save situation? That doesn't seem right...?

EDIT: Yeah I guess it is, just seems weird because there is really no chance that guy finishes out the game.

Updated Tuesday, June 18 2019 @ 7:22:02 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 If a pitcher comes in before there are five completed innings, it’s not a save situation. They would be in line to win the game, not save it. I’m pretty sure I posted a similar bug report a couple of years ago (and I think you and I argued briefly). I’ve been hating on this kind of “BS BS” for years, though.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its definitely not well defined. I'm not sure what the official call would be, but it does seem weird for a guy to blow a save in the 4th inning... I'd be in favor of removing that, unless it actually is scored that way for MLB games by some major source.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …How about by MLB.com. Roe came in with one out in the fifth inning and wound up getting charged with a blown save.

I don’t like the ruling on it, but if MLB is doing it that way I guess I don’t really have a leg to stand on.

Updated Wednesday, June 19 2019 @ 4:50:17 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. Ugly stat for non-closers, but best to follow the official methods.

Previous Page | Show All |