Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Minimum number of pitches thrown or batters faced for a pitcher?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a confusing situation happen in a game tonight.

Top of the 8th, 2 outs, runner on 1st. In comes my Set-up RP. However, on his very first pitch, the runner on 1st is thrown out trying to steal 2nd.

Fast forward to top of the 9th. I'm leading 6-5. Clear save situation where my Closer (who has been ligths our so far this year) should be coming in.

However, the AI leaves my Set-up RP in the game instead of bringing in my Closer. Set-up RP throws 2 pitches to one batter and gives up a double.

Closer NOW comes in and proceeds to give up a big inning after being in a bad situation with an inherited runner. Had he started the 9th inning there is a good chance he gets the save.

The only thing that makes sense here is that the AI kept my Set-up RP in the game until he faced one batter. However, in MLB the Closer starts the 9th in that situation every time.

Everything I read in the Game Manual says my Closer should have started the 9th.

Am I missing something? Did my team get punished by the AI because my catcher threw out a baserunner?

Updated Thursday, June 27 2019 @ 9:01:59 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Can you explain your management settings -- I don't understand why you have them set as such for Saxton. I'm not sure -- I suspect that has something to do with it.

Steve
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have Saxton's First Inning setting on the Δ - set according to pitching role option so he only enters the game when my team is winning and it is a save situation.

The rest of his setting are the same as the rest of my bullpen.

It has worked perfectly so far this year. He's only ever entered in a save situation.

Previous Page | Show All |