Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Bullpen use and mgt settings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just don't understand bullpen choices. My new guy came in after 4.2 innings and finished the game. Settings are 20 pitches and 1 hook. 5 other bullpen guys completely rested.πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Once a score gets lopsided enough, the game manager determines it is a lost cause (or easy win), and will leave the early reliever in to finish. This way he can save the stamina of our later (presumably better) pitchers for future games.

Its actually a good strategic move. Sacrifice the stamina of one guy who was going to need rest anyhow, and have access to the rest of the bullpen for the next game. It prevents situations where you get blown out and you tire out your whole bullpen. Which in turn would lead to snowballing loses because all your pitchers are tired.
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Understand that logic, but was only down 6-0 after 5 innings. Don’t consider the game over at that point. But the game logic might, I guess. Thanks for the feedback.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not certain what the cut-off number is either.

Previous Page | Show All |