Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Spring Training 2016   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just glad spring training is here because it means baseball is back. Even though I will still watch more college baseball than spring training, i'm still glad it's here.

I curious what you Seca (being a Toronto Fan I assume) think of Pablo Sandoval and that pic that went viral. A little embarrassing to say the least. Your making 90 mil.... you can at least show up in some sort of shape.

This is going to be a rather quiet ST for Arizona. Only real competition is for that 5th spot in the rotation, which I don't expect anyone but Ray to get. Goodley should eventually get into the rotation but will probably get sent back down to the minors for another year before staying on the ML roster.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cubs are 4-1 to win the World Series and being a Cardinal fan, I know this baseball season will be great here in central Illinois for everyone

Ready for it to start and see if the Cubs can live up to all the hype with their potential or just another "wait till next season"
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@shyfire I thought round was a shape.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha! Ya, saw the Sandoval picture. TBH, I didn't play a lot of hardball. Played fastball for a lot of years, and then finished out my playing days in slo-pitch. Alot of the best players I played with and against had a profile like Panda.

I get your point. Professional athlete. Think the team even asked him to lose weight. But thats not really his character. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a good season.

Hanley at 1B ... Not getting a good vibe on that.

But you guys will enjoy Price. Think it will be an entertaining season in the East.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Got to hear the Reds on the radio yesterday.

They won.

Probably the last time I write that for a few years.

Anybody else see Barry Bonds in his Marlin uniform? Just a weird look, man.

Glad to see his body back to it's pre(cough)muscle days.
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/43/77/13/9433840/5/920x920.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2007/07/barry-bonds-240.jpg

Love him or hate him, dude is a top 5 hitter, all-time.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bonds and McGwire both would have been first ballot hall of fame if they would have left the p.e.d.s alone. Bonds would have been comparable with Griffey.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I went to spring training a while back. It was great fun. We drove over from SoCal and went to Phoenix, Grand Canyon and Vegas/Hoover Dame. Great trip.

We went to Peoria, AZ and saw the Padres and Mariners (back when they had Arod, Griffey & Randy Johnson). Then we went to Mesa and saw the Cubs and Giants play.

Make sure you have a car with good AC. Even in March, it was hot!

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Make sure you have a car with good AC. Even in March, it was hot!

As an AZ resident I have to reinforce this statement. I mean the 85+ F its been the last few weeks has been cold for the poor souls forced to be here but I guess its blazing for those outside of the valley.

Also, I went to the Cubs new spring training stadium the day it opened and I'd advise anyone coming in to go check it out. I only wish the Cubs were world series contenders two seasons ago though.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Spoonerific, I can also reinforce that statement as an AZ resident as well. I walk home from school everyday and it feels just horrible.

I'm quite excited to see who gets the 5th starter spot for the D-Backs. I hope that Archie Bradley can that spot because he has great potential to be a great pitcher. Ray can do well, but if he doesn't go deep into games, he's better as a spot starter.
Jedirob

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's going to be a fun summer in the NL Central with the Cards, Cubs and Pirates battling it out all season. Being A Cardinal fan here in Illinois I know that the Cubs are favorites, but never ever count the Cards out. They seem like they have a chip on their shoulders and are out for revenge this year.

Previous Page | Show All |