Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Rafael Palmeiro aims at comeback at age 53   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rafael Palmeiro aiming to make a comeback at age 53. https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/is-rafael-palmeiro-seriously-considering-an-mlb-comeback-at-53-years-old-apparently/

Possibly inspired by my guy Brent Cohen? :P
Were he successful it would reset his HOF clock too. If one of the steroid guys were to make an improbable return to MLB I was kind of hoping for Sammy Sosa though.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...I guess I'll have to adjust the game to incorporate 53 yo players now. :-)

Steve
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would be rooting for Palmeiro.

I believe in giving people second chances!

I would be rooting for him all of the way!

If John Glenn can return to space at age 77, then why not a 50 something year old baseball player! :-)

I say give him a chance to show what he can do!
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He’s a liar, a cheat, and a ped user. I say *beep* him, and I hope he pulls a hamstring.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
wickersty, I fully understand what you are saying. :-)

I do not like cheats and PED users either.

But if he is now clean, I say give him another chance!

It could be a nice story about redemption. :-)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Me and Rafael are the same age. I have my doubts. Things hurt more at this age.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, Tiger (and Rafael) is actually older than me! But I wholeheartedly agree - I tried sticking with soccer into my early 40s and just couldn't cut it any more. Everything slows up and it takes longer (and longer, and longer...) to get fitter and stronger.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He hit a HR!
http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/cnhi_network/video-palmeiro-hits-first-home-run-of-the-season/article_e128d0c2-5dd4-11e8-a640-9b32eb47e92b.html

The pitcher he was facing was somewhat decent too. 7 innings 12Ks, only 3 hits allowed & 0 walks.

Any chance Steve could let my guy Brent Cohen be used as a DH? (even if it's just in spring training one year?)

Previous Page | Show All |