Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Shohei Ohtani   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Had a 7 inning, 1 hitter today -- is now 2-0 as a starter...

Hitting .389 with 3 homers in the young season...

MVP candidate?

Steve
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, it's a little early, I'm sure he'll cool off.

Otherwise we could just hand the Cy Young to Dylan Bundy already.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...with the Dodgers and Padres off to slow starts, he's getting a lot of press coverage in Southern California.

Steve
Reclaim

Mililani Miners
VI.32

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Friday, April 13 2018 @ 6:53:14 pm PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have all ways wondered why more players do not do this. A lot of players are very good at both hitting and pitching in high school.

It worked for Babe Ruth.

I know that it is early in the season, but it looks to be working for Ohtani as well
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

It worked for Babe Ruth.

Ha! Yes, it worked for the greatest both-ways player of all-time. Using that logic, why don't more golfers absolutely crush the ball and putt brilliantly like Tiger in his prime? It's very much the same thing. Both aspects of the game are extremely difficult. Very few people in the world can do either well enough to be a professional. To do both is almost unheard of. Almost.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
For me, it's hilarious that he's in the AL. He's the best example of the farce that is the DH. Pitchers that rake should be allowed to hit in the batting order. The ones that can't should practice more. Nine-on-nine, people.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the strategy that comes in to play in the NL and pitchers having to (attempt to) hit. However, seeing most of them bat is the true farce. I think it's pretty easy to argue both sides of the coin. I slightly favor the DH and AL, but I don't really care either way. I'd be pretty surprised if they ever get rid of the DH, though. Most casual fans, which is most baseball fans, prefer the DH and offense, like they do in virtually all sports.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My Red Sox are playing against Ohtani right now.

. . . And Mookie Betts just hit a home run off of him!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
DH is optional. Pitchers that rake are allowed to hit in the batting order. The DH rule just is overly complicated in terms of what is allowed if that pitcher is removed from the game. Probably because starters pitched longer into games at the time it was made. Could definitely use a bit of modernization.

Previous Page | Show All |