Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> 2019 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Dodgers hit 8 home runs on opening day -- against former Dodger Zack Greinke.

Steve
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Christian Yelich named NL POTW after hitting a HR in first four games to tie MLB record. This guy is still putting up Ruthian numbers since the All-Star break last season.
Go Brewers!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Blue Jays fans got our Vladebut (that's Vlad debut, not Vladie butt).

Palatable excitement. People talking about it at work all day. Biagini obliged and made the game really interesting, and provided an opportunity for a Vlad-moment in the 9th.

I don't think we were going to see Bichette even before the broken hand. But Biggio seems a possibility at some point. Maybe in Hanson's roster spot. Play some corner OF, 2B.

Could be a fun team to watch.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I ended up getting free MLB.tv on my iPhone for the season via T-Mobile. I can listen to the radio feeds or watch out-of-network games live (no STL local games for me, sadly). I have both Vlad Jr. and Biggio (Jr.) on one of my fantasy baseball minor league squads and have been following the Blue Jays for a solid couple years now.

I love what they have going on up there. Watched the Vladbut Friday night and listened to the Saturday and Sunday games over radio. The vibe, particularly on Friday, was unreal to me. So much electricity and buzz. And Sogard has been insanely hot since coming over. Three-game sweep of the A's, and the Blue Jays are back at .500. Going to continue to listen/watch some of those games this season with all the excitement around the team!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
We did get to see Biggio's debut last night. 0 for 3 with a couple Ks. But as a LHB against a decently tough LHP don't think folks were expecting much.

Pulling for him. Was a 5th round pick in 2016. Thought it was a really bad sign at the time that Houston passed on him 5 slots before the Jays got him. Figure if the industry saw hope for him, the Astros would have taken flier.

Mostly vanilla numbers in A ball, but had a terrific season in AA last season with 26 HRs. That's in Lansing where we do occasionally see some noise in stats. Just 305 to each foul pole.

But he had a great first 1/4 of the season in AAA, so now we have half of our "bloodlines" infield (Guerrero - Bichette - Biggio - Clemens) in the majors. Clemens ultimately may receive more notoriety from the bar fight he was in during the offseason than his playing career. But Blue Jay fans can hope. :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The 2019 MLB draft started last night, and I watched about half of it. A bit of trivia: the first six players taken this year were position players, the first time in draft history. Nine out of 10 of the first picks were position players.

My Cardinals ended up taking left Zack Thompson at nineteenth overall, a high-floor four-pitch college pitcher. Prototypical Cardinal first-round pick, though given the club's struggles with finding solid lefty pitchers in recent years, it's nice to see them take a chance on Thompson. Their second-round pick was a Maine high school outfielder Tre Fletcher, an upside pick with some signability and hit tool question marks.

Updated Tuesday, June 4 2019 @ 5:24:18 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't have access to coverage, so I follow along on web sites and chats. I don't know if you read Fangraphs, but IIRC one of their prospect guys (Eric Longenhagen) really likes Z Thompson, and thought he has a lot of upside compared to his draft position.

Jays picked 11 and took the 2nd pitcher off the board. Went pitcher in the 2nd round too - tho he's committed to Vandy. All the websites I've read seem to think he'll sign, but I'm always a little nervous. Maybe they pick a bunch of garbage today and go over-slot.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Reds took the top pitcher, which isn't saying much in this draft, a 6'6" LH named Lolololol. Projects to be a high-end #3 starter! Looks like he can keep an eye on the runner at 1st AND 3rd at the same time. Good luck, Nick!

Took a (projected) 3B/corner OF guy from IMG with "light-tower power". Knock is he doesn't make contact. If you see his swing you can see why. It's loooong.

This year's draft is terrible.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Glad to see Tre getting picked so high, he's a great dude, way to represent Maine!

Previous Page | Show All |