Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Play Ball - Baseball 2020!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. I don't know know what the training facilities would be like. Room enough for everyone to lift weights and take batting practice?

I suspect they regret not doing that (if feasible). Think the NHL got it right.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
MLB has a big challenge because their players' union is by far the strongest. They were lucky to get any part of a season -- I think if Manfred didn't mandated it, the union and owners would never had gotten a deal done.

Steve
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting point on the radio in lieu of the Reds broadcast tonight (they got the Rona, no game).

The playoffs will use winning percentage as the means of qualifying for the post-season. Let's say the Cardinals, who have played 8 games as of today, play a total of 40 games and go 21-19 and the Reds play 60 games and go 31-29. The Cards, who played 20 fewer games, get the nod over the Reds.

So the point brought up was: you get through 40-50 games and have a decent win %, claim a clubhouse "official" has had contact with the virus and shut it down until the playoffs.

We've been witness to some pretty underhanded happenings the past few years just to win Manfred's "hunk of metal". Why would this strategy not be in the tool bag? Even if they ever got around to finding out, you've already sold your playoff merch and maybe even won the WS.
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i feel bad for kinta miada from today because he almost got a nono but then he ended up getting basically a pat on the back
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Any predictions on the MLB playoffs? Most people are glad that the Padres are in the playoffs in forever....but I think they have a chance to make some noise. Of course, with the 3 games series in the wildcard round, anything can happen.

Steve
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Padres still have Don Orsillo?

I miss that guy.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Collecting some random thoughts

Oh My ... Marlins have NEVER lost a playoff series?

Alphabetical realignment? ... Miami & Minnesota ...
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Dodgers win world series 1988 was last season they won it. Well let's hope we get real baseball back with humans in seats instead of cardboard.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Quite interesting.

Blake Snell vs the top of the Dodgers lineup
.. 6 AB, 6 Ks

<Manager consults the rulebook>

Better not let him do that anymore.

Let's bring in a guy that brings the relief to rolaids.

Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Can we try this again?

Last night I was talking to this guy who was ya like know @ all 4 of the 30 inning games at Fenway and so like putting runners on base at the start of every inning after the 2nd is soooo key ...

</slap>

Previous Page | Show All |