Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> New flag for New Zealand?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, they seem to be doing the entire vote by mail only, which is a bit unusual probably both for Europeans and Americans. So the voting process being opened only means the ballots have been sent out, and there will be no results for another three weeks.
But then, all the polls I've found, including the very recent ones, agree that it should be a non-event, anyway. Probably no need to go looking for a new flag file.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11600218
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think Oregon does voting by mail in some or all of their elections. I think its cheaper than having polling places.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For a referendum on such a topic is actually sounds quite reasonable to me.
In general elections, the ever-growing number of absentee ballots is seen as a problem in Germany, because people voting at home might be watched or even pressured by family members.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like that flag
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Preliminary results are suppose to be available on March 24th....

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, there was much ado about 43%.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
New Zealand rejects changing flags after $17.6m referendum

Yeah...looks like no change.

Honestly, $17.6M doesn't seem like a lot compared to American campaign standards, but I guess NZ is a lot smaller.

Steve
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah that's one less job for you Steve - I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't go with the new one but the people have spoken! You're right in that 17 million is a much bigger chunk of our annual budget than the US of A, there's a lot of grumbling about how the money could have been 'better' spent; they may have a point.

But on the positive side, at least we don't have a half wit like Trump in the running to lead the country! ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...I'm just wondering if they have lost that opportunity to re-brand themselves. Maybe people are happy with the status quo though...

Steve
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I honestly don't care because I live in USA and new Zealand is non of my business but if it was I think the newer flag looks better

Previous Page | Show All |