Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> The Black mamba farewell   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
harlemstar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For those of you who love sports in general, what a great show Lakers Kobe Bryant put up for his final game after 20 years, 60 points and a comeback win for the ages. Remarkable !!
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really
I could score 60 putting up 50 shots, most from 3 pt range
All about the show
Should be more about Golden State winning 73
That s something to remember
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think you could against an NBA defense gizmo. Credit is due, where credit is due. He's certainly over the hill, which makes it all the more impressive.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes...impressive finale!

Wonder what the Lakers look like next season...

Steve
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Kobe's career was amazing. You've got to respect Kobe's game, even though he destroyed my Suns most of the times. What a way for him to leave the game by scoring 60 in his last game ever.

About the Warriors, I can't believe they won 73 games. It's just amazing.

This was an amazing NBA season, even though my Suns didn't make the playoffs for the sixth straight season. :(
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Kobe always took a ton of shots (3rd most all-time), so jacking up 50 and missing so many really summed up Kobe for me.

In my eyes, his farewell game was symbolic of the end of the "hero ball" era, with only Kobe ever winning any rings, albeit he needed HOF centers each time (O'Neal, Gasol). AI, Melo, Vince Carter, Marbury, et, al. never won anything by playing the "me first" game. Those guys just thought Jordan won by himself. Now this next generation looks to have learned from this last generation's mistake.

Previous Page | Show All |