Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> American Football Sim   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
things move so slow and not much has happened in the month I've been on. I don't have the time to dedicate to analyze every detail like seems to be required to be successful. and with the time it will take to build up a quality team, at the pace it moves, is not worth the free time I have. I'd rather dedicate it to BB.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm really annoyed by the level of complexity, especially since each small detail can have catastrophic effects on your team. Probably won't stay.
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Just took Atlanta for heck of it. May keep me involved since fantasy football winding down with playoffs. Loooks like a lot of details as mentioned. Will look at big picture first and work my way down
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm, never posted here but I took Oakland about the same time everyone else joined. So far its intriguing and I've made subtle gameplan changes here and there. The draft and offseason have been enjoyable and early season hasn't been bad at 2-2.

Aside from the other issues mentioned here, I've noticed something in other leagues that hasn't come up in MFN-47. I took on a couple of more teams after a week or two in, and in one of those leagues I missed out on a whole bunch of possible free agent signings when someone gazumped my bid just minutes before the deadline that day - and the deadline is the same time every single day (which is the middle of the night UK time). RZA at least has randomized cutoff times for bids. If this continues I may move on too, but for now I'm sticking.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
We may want to resuscitate the project of a BrokenBat only League, which found not enough participants to start, using an idea posted on the groups in MFN:
The limit would be using ONLY the recommended gameplanning.
It may be enough to scare long term owners off.
Competition would be on team building only.

Of course, by now there are people, like me and others, who went thru multiple teams and drafts already. So the playing field would not be equal anyhow.

Any interest?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be willing to give that a go.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm up for it. Even though I like the game planning, I could still just hire a coach I like. I agree it may scare off owners, which is a good thing.

BTW, Frank, I had to quit that new league we were in together. I couldn't take the kid running it anymore. Come on over and join NFL Live. Allocation draft soon!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I would gladly get rid of gameplanning, too complicated.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@everyone

Is there any way to make drafted players more volatile in a custom league? Because I'm really tired of how worthless mid-to-late round picks are in this game. For example, I recently got likely the best possible scenario with one of my sixth-round picks. Meaning he is up to the mid-60s. If we could make drafting much, much more volatile, than that would make me very happy. Otherwise, idk, I'm still on the fence.
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Very undecided. I've got a lot on my plate right now. Not sure If I have my as enthused about starting a Brokenbat league right now.

The way it's was looking we would have only had a half filled league anyway. That's be no fun.

Previous Page | Show All |